The client wanted to update their backyard with a mid-century modern aesthetic, that included the addition of a 16’ x 32’ gunite pool in the rear yard, plantings throughout the property and walkways that lead you from the front to the back of the home.
– A pool that is built to last
– A mid-century modern feel
– New plantings in both the front and back of the home
– Incorporate the existing hardscapes
- Steppingstone walkways
- Pool design
- Pool code perimeter fencing
The rectangular pool was sighted on the east side of the property leaving the main lawn available for entertaining. It was installed with a 2’ wide bluestone coping and connected to the existing patio using a combination of 2’ x 2’ and 2’ x 3’ bluestone stepping stones.
The plantings include an alley of upright Hornbeams underplanted with Liriope ‘Big Blue’ and Perovskia to create organic, simple lines characteristic of mid-century design.
For the perimeter, we used a combination of screen plantings, forsythia, and Hydrangeas to soften the fence. The pool itself was accented with clean lines of gravel beds outlined with steel edging and planted with ornamental grasses to reinforce the mid-century modern feel.
- Screen planting of arborvitae, Schip laurels, Forsythia and Cryptomeria to create a solid privacy backdrop
- Large masses of mixed plantings of hydrangeas, Spiraeas and Hydrangeas to extend existing borders seamlessly, provide a balance of summer color and winter structure
- Groupings of grasses, roses, and summer perennials such as geranium, coneflower, daylily, Russian sage, Liriope and more provide an abundance of summer color
The overall result combines clean lines that are integrated with nature to provide a modern design aesthetic to the homeowner’s outdoor space.
WHAT THE CLIENT SAID
“…Everything I imagined (was made) a reality…the crew was exceptional with everything done so efficiently, carefully and beautifully. I have never seen a more hard-working group of people. Thank you again for the amazing job!”
– Betty B.
Let’s Start a Conversation
Fill out the inquiry form on this page or call 516-334-0068 to speak with a member of our staff.
You can also stop by The Landscape Inspiration Center at Hicks Nurseries during store hours.
We are available at anytime to discuss your needs.
Thank you. We look forward to hearing from you!