Project Story: Stay-cation Home
After selling their vacation home, this client wanted turn their primary residence into a stay-cation home with a cozy backyard perfect for outdoor entertaining and relaxing.
– Renovate existing pool
– Re-do masonry to be more functional
– New outdoor kitchen with all the amenities
– Pergola for shade
– Plantings to provide privacy and color
- Redesign & install new masonry patio & landings
- New masonry outdoor kitchen with pergola for shade
- Tree, shrub & perennial plantings for color & privacy
Providing the client with all the features they were looking for in this small property took careful planning and tight coordination of many different elements. Masons, carpenters, electricians, and other trades were all coordinated to produce the desired result.
A concrete paver patio was re-designed to maximize useable space for lounging, entertaining and relaxing, while still providing convenient access to the pool and house.
The outdoor kitchen became the hub of the yard with amenities such as a grill, side burner, under-the-counter fridge, trash receptacle, and a bar area. A large pergola above provides shade and serves as a focal feature in the yard.
Tree, shrub, and perennial plantings were designed to provide both summer color and screening. Summer flowering shrubs such as hydrangea and spiraea come back every year. Crape myrtle trees along the border serve to enhance privacy and offer summer blooms.
- Emerald green arborvitae, oakleaf hollies and crape myrtle trees enhance privacy in key locations.
- Color is provided throughout the season from perennials such as daylilies, black-eyed susan, coneflower, and Russian sage.
- Ornamental grasses were planted to help screen the existing propane tanks and climbing hydrangea is trained on a lattice to screen the client’s generator.
The redesigned lansdcape provides the homeowner with a vacation home in their own backyard.
Whether relaxing by themselves, or entertaining friends and family, this yard has everything they need right out the back door.
WHAT THE CLIENT SAID
“From beginning to end everyone who worked at our home was professional, friendly and efficient (a truly hard-working crew). The care in which the project was approached and concluded was spectacular. We couldn’t be more happy, and due to the transformation of our yard, our summer was amazing. We are truly grateful to Anthony, Richard, and the entire Hicks family!”
Mary & John, Massapequa
Let's Start a Conversation
Fill out the inquiry form on this page or call 516-334-0068 to speak with a member of our staff.
You can also stop by the Landscape Inspiration Center building at Hicks Nurseries during store hours.
Thank you. We look forward to hearing from you!